Here is my finalized list of the 101 tasks/goals that I would like to accomplish by October 4, 2015.
Goals that are in progress are in bold font and completed ones are crossed out. Ones that I didn’t achieve or complete are in red and crossed out.
Lose between 40-50 pounds by day 400 and Keep it off for the remaining 601 days.
- Get car professionally cleaned at least once a year. 1st one July 18, 2013 Vance Fine Detailing
- Pay for another person’s order in the drive through.
- Complete a Kiva.org loan.
Clean the kitchen after dinner each night for a period of 2 months.( Started Jan 6)Completed March 6, 2013 Complete the Couch to 5k program.Completed October 3, 2013
Complete a 5k run.Ran the 5k Colours Run
Dive at least 5 times during the 2013 summer. – 2 Dives on July 17, 2013 at the Crowe River, 2 Dives August 25, 2013 in Kingston Dive the Great Barrier Reef.Completed November 14-18 on board The Spirit of Freedom. Pictures and posts
- Complete the canoe fireplace and shelf.
- Hike all the trails along hwy 60 in Algonquin Park — Photos
- Do a photo a day for a period of 3 months
- Finish painting the basement
Grow and freeze produce— Link to Post
- Create a blog to blog about 101 in 1001
- Digitize all photographs from time spent at Christie Lake Camp.
- Get cholesterol checked at least 2 times.
- Finish landscaping my front yard.
- Enter photo(s) in a contest.
- Watch the whole series of Dexter
Create a will and Power of AttorneyCompleted Summer/Fall 2013
- Go on a solo canoe camping trip for more than 3 nights
Go diving in Cuba, January 26, 2013 — Pics
- Paddle through Barren Canyon in Algonquin Park.
- Purchase Food Bank bag at grocery store once a month for 12 months
- Camp in Killarney Provincial Park
Go on a special trip for my 40th birthday –Trip to Chicago with Shelly in June 2014
- Remove trash/items from the car nightly for three weeks
- Vacuum the car weekly for 3 months
Photograph star trails,March 17, 2015 — Photos
- Track food using Sparkpeople.com for 30 days in a row
Organize a fundraiser– Trivia Night Feb 15, 2013 in support of SchoolBox Help build a school with schoolbox.ca–Feb 20-March 1 2014 (pics and Posts)
- Take a photography course
- Watch the sunset ceremony at Fort Henry
Go whitewater raftingRafted on The Tully River in Queensland Aus. Nov 13. Pictures
- Take my dad to an OHL or NHL game
- Go to a movie by myself
- Re-watch the original Star Wars movies back to back to back
- Read 4 fiction novels
- Create a coffee table style photo book
- Photograph 40 different bridges – Link to Flickr for bridge photos
- Drink a beer from each continent excluding Antarctica — Link to Photos
- Try beer from at least half of the 29 members of the Ontario Craft Brewers – Photos
- Go a weekend while at home without using the internet
- Organize my photos
- Buy a freezer
Go strawberry picking and freeze someJune 25, 2013 – Link to Post
- Make cards from my photos
- Organize computer files
- Organize email in-box
- Go on a backpacking trip
- Donate blood 10 times which would make it 65 times in my life (4/10) (Jan 29 2013, March 26 2013, May 28 2013, July 23 2013, September 24, 2013)
Complete this list-Completed May 8, 2013
- Take a picture of the sunrise and sunset on the same day
- Go through boxes in basement
In a 2 month period only go grocery shopping once a week Started Jan 6, 2013– Completed March 6, 2013
- Hire a house keeper
- Go up the CN tower
- Go zip-lining —my crazy task
- Do a painting with light photo using glow sticks
- Take photos of 10 ‘World’s Largest __________’ attractions. E.g., The Big Apple
- Go on a wine tour
- Take a picture for each letter of the alphabet
- Go tubing
- Leave a 100% tip
- Go cross country skiing at least three times in each winter of the project
2013, 13-14& 14-15 — 2013 1 – Feb 18, 2013 Pics
- Put siding on my garage — Completed October 2014 (Thanks Dad!)
Attend a professional conference — ETFO Health and Safety Conference November 2014
- Buy a new suit
- Wear a tie to work
- Visit 3 cities in Ontario that I have never been to.
- Go on a haunted walk
- Watch 20 TED Talks (3/20)
- Go to the CNE
- Don’t eat fast food including pizza for a month
- Complete the 200 sit up program
- Re-caulk windows
- Purchase flat screen TV
Clean out front closet— Completed July 23, 2013
- Visit Iceland
Paint my current or purchase a new dishwasher— Purchased and installed May 2015
- Go go-carting
- Order room service
See the Northern LightsMarch 17, 2015 Photos
- Plant a tree
- Visit 3 different museums – Canadian Aviation and Space Museum — July 26, 2013 included Star Wars exhibit
- Photograph at least 10 unique mailboxes. — example- Ones shaped like a lawn tractor etc.
- Build/install a better a closet organizer in my bedroom closet
- Paint my hallway
- Digitize important papers (i.e. mortgage, insurance etc.)
- Make a sandcastle with Ella
- Take my mom out to lunch and/or a show
- Clean out the closet in my computer room
Get my Advanced Diver CertificationCompleted August 25, 2013
- Donate $10 to charity for every task/goal completed
- Inventory the items in my house for insurance purposes etc — Using the Android App ‘My Home‘
- Purchase 1 set of clothing (socks, underwear, pants, shirt) that are union made in North America. If this isn’t possible I will settle for it being made in North America.
- Build new garden shed
Blog about my experiences and adventures during my year off— First entry August 29, 2013 — Final entry September 1, 2014
where’s the rest? 🙂
I love this idea. I should make sure I poke you when I am looking for a paddle or hike.
I think my birthday weekend… I’m hoping to camp in Algonquin… looking at Achray. (july 13th)
What about photos of unique mailboxes?
Carve your own canoe paddle. Peterborough Canoe Museum offers this.
love the list Surge! Looking forward to completing some of those items right along side with you! We need to plan our summer camping trip…Lake Superior…bring it on!
Let’s go strawberry picking! I can teach you how to make jam. I converted Valerie. You can be next!!!