Here is my finalized list of the 101 tasks/goals that I would like to accomplish by October 4, 2015.
Goals that are in progress are in bold font and completed ones are crossed out. Ones that I didn’t achieve or complete are in red and crossed out.
Lose between 40-50 pounds by day 400 and Keep it off for the remaining 601 days.
- Get car professionally cleaned at least once a year. 1st one July 18, 2013 Vance Fine Detailing
- Pay for another person’s order in the drive through.
- Complete a Kiva.org loan.
Clean the kitchen after dinner each night for a period of 2 months.( Started Jan 6)Completed March 6, 2013 Complete the Couch to 5k program.Completed October 3, 2013
Complete a 5k run.Ran the 5k Colours Run
Dive at least 5 times during the 2013 summer. – 2 Dives on July 17, 2013 at the Crowe River, 2 Dives August 25, 2013 in Kingston Dive the Great Barrier Reef.Completed November 14-18 on board The Spirit of Freedom. Pictures and posts
- Complete the canoe fireplace and shelf.
- Hike all the trails along hwy 60 in Algonquin Park — Photos
- Do a photo a day for a period of 3 months
- Finish painting the basement
Grow and freeze produce— Link to Post
- Create a blog to blog about 101 in 1001
- Digitize all photographs from time spent at Christie Lake Camp.
- Get cholesterol checked at least 2 times.
- Finish landscaping my front yard.
- Enter photo(s) in a contest.
- Watch the whole series of Dexter
Create a will and Power of AttorneyCompleted Summer/Fall 2013
- Go on a solo canoe camping trip for more than 3 nights
Go diving in Cuba, January 26, 2013 — Pics
- Paddle through Barren Canyon in Algonquin Park.
- Purchase Food Bank bag at grocery store once a month for 12 months
- Camp in Killarney Provincial Park
Go on a special trip for my 40th birthday –Trip to Chicago with Shelly in June 2014
- Remove trash/items from the car nightly for three weeks
- Vacuum the car weekly for 3 months
Photograph star trails,March 17, 2015 — Photos
- Track food using Sparkpeople.com for 30 days in a row
Organize a fundraiser– Trivia Night Feb 15, 2013 in support of SchoolBox Help build a school with schoolbox.ca–Feb 20-March 1 2014 (pics and Posts)
- Take a photography course
- Watch the sunset ceremony at Fort Henry
Go whitewater raftingRafted on The Tully River in Queensland Aus. Nov 13. Pictures
- Take my dad to an OHL or NHL game
- Go to a movie by myself
- Re-watch the original Star Wars movies back to back to back
- Read 4 fiction novels
- Create a coffee table style photo book
- Photograph 40 different bridges – Link to Flickr for bridge photos
- Drink a beer from each continent excluding Antarctica — Link to Photos
- Try beer from at least half of the 29 members of the Ontario Craft Brewers – Photos
- Go a weekend while at home without using the internet
- Organize my photos
- Buy a freezer
Go strawberry picking and freeze someJune 25, 2013 – Link to Post
- Make cards from my photos
- Organize computer files
- Organize email in-box
- Go on a backpacking trip
- Donate blood 10 times which would make it 65 times in my life (4/10) (Jan 29 2013, March 26 2013, May 28 2013, July 23 2013, September 24, 2013)
Complete this list-Completed May 8, 2013
- Take a picture of the sunrise and sunset on the same day
- Go through boxes in basement
In a 2 month period only go grocery shopping once a week Started Jan 6, 2013– Completed March 6, 2013
- Hire a house keeper
- Go up the CN tower
- Go zip-lining —my crazy task
- Do a painting with light photo using glow sticks
- Take photos of 10 ‘World’s Largest __________’ attractions. E.g., The Big Apple
- Go on a wine tour
- Take a picture for each letter of the alphabet
- Go tubing
- Leave a 100% tip
- Go cross country skiing at least three times in each winter of the project
2013, 13-14& 14-15 — 2013 1 – Feb 18, 2013 Pics
- Put siding on my garage — Completed October 2014 (Thanks Dad!)
Attend a professional conference — ETFO Health and Safety Conference November 2014
- Buy a new suit
- Wear a tie to work
- Visit 3 cities in Ontario that I have never been to.
- Go on a haunted walk
- Watch 20 TED Talks (3/20)
- Go to the CNE
- Don’t eat fast food including pizza for a month
- Complete the 200 sit up program
- Re-caulk windows
- Purchase flat screen TV
Clean out front closet— Completed July 23, 2013
- Visit Iceland
Paint my current or purchase a new dishwasher— Purchased and installed May 2015
- Go go-carting
- Order room service
See the Northern LightsMarch 17, 2015 Photos
- Plant a tree
- Visit 3 different museums – Canadian Aviation and Space Museum — July 26, 2013 included Star Wars exhibit
- Photograph at least 10 unique mailboxes. — example- Ones shaped like a lawn tractor etc.
- Build/install a better a closet organizer in my bedroom closet
- Paint my hallway
- Digitize important papers (i.e. mortgage, insurance etc.)
- Make a sandcastle with Ella
- Take my mom out to lunch and/or a show
- Clean out the closet in my computer room
Get my Advanced Diver CertificationCompleted August 25, 2013
- Donate $10 to charity for every task/goal completed
- Inventory the items in my house for insurance purposes etc — Using the Android App ‘My Home‘
- Purchase 1 set of clothing (socks, underwear, pants, shirt) that are union made in North America. If this isn’t possible I will settle for it being made in North America.
- Build new garden shed
Blog about my experiences and adventures during my year off— First entry August 29, 2013 — Final entry September 1, 2014